Thursday, August 26, 2004

My latest perplexity


"I fancy her, Steven" Posted by Hello


You know, it wouldn’t be a week in Taylor’s blog without some romantic musings. So far, most of my comments have been disjointed and disorganized. Sometimes people think I’m terminally depressed and in distraught. That is not actually the case. I just like to think about things and occasionally post them online.

I walked into the Honors College building at FAU around 10:55 this morning. I saw this girl, moderately attractive, sitting by herself by the door. I thought about going up and introducing myself, but ended up thinking better of the idea. By coincidence, I ended up seated at the computer next to her. Midway through the class period, we handed in our news story ideas. I glanced at her paper and was immediately drawn to one name, David Aronberg. Immediately, I asked how she knew of that gentleman. FYI, Aronberg is the Florida State Senator who represents the 27th District. His campaign in 2004 has been embroiled in controversy, resulting from the incompetence of his former GOP challenger.

Nevertheless, I began to converse with her. I told her that I knew a little about Sen. Aronberg. I’ve met the guy once or twice at various campaign events. Adrianna, the target of my fancy, is a volunteer and soon-to-be paid staffer for the Senator. I talked about how I’ve been to his office, which he shares with Kerry/Edwards and Congressional challenger Jim Stork.

I talked to her for a few minutes after class was dismissed. I learned that she is a recent transfer student from the University of Florida in Gainesville. I didn’t ask about anything much personal. She went on about how she met Dave and extolled the good deeds he’s accomplished as state Senator. Next class, I’ll give her my email and see if she can get me in touch with Aronberg. He’s actually always been someone that I’ve admired. I’ve followed him closely, beginning in 2002 when he defeated Republican Frank Mann. That was a great accomplishment, considering he represents a district that goes west into heavily conservative Lee County. Mann and his wife Barbara are like the Kravis’s of Palm Beach. The Mann Civic Center is one of the most well known buildings in Southwest Florida.

Okay, back to the point. Sometimes I can get off track with relatively inconsequential political comments. I tend to have a difficult time cultivating close relationships. There are about 2-3 people that I would categorize as close, or intimate friends. I have people I talk to, and I’ve gotten a bit better at that as years have passed. I think I have a better chance at forming bonds at school, especially as I am taking classes in my field. I hate to say it, but most of the people at Dwyer and PBCC were idiots. They would know a donkey from an elephant. Individuals like Adrianna are people that I should be able to relationships with, whether it be platonic or romantic. Even though I only talked to her for perhaps five minutes, she seems like the type of individual I would like very much. Considering she recently arrived from Gainesville, she might not know that many people in town.

I realize that handling these things delicately is the key to success. I have time to carefully execute a workable blueprint, albeit no plan has yet been constructed. I won’t again sit back and let opportunities pass me by. Loyal readers of my blog probably know of one instance where I let someone who I cared about pass by.

I’ll try to write about this more at a later time. I’ve got a class at 2:00. I think she might be in my Mass Communication class as well, but I don’t remember for certain. I do recall that a great number of students are in both T/R courses with Dr. Willey.

-Taylor

2 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

I'll be pulling for ya!

BTW--I thought the Guber reference was hilarious. Great pic.

August 27, 2004 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

I always felt bad for Guber. Deep down, he was a very kind gentleman. It was sad how Harvey would play those devious tricks on him.

If Guber can break his luck after 7 bad years, than there's hope for anybody.

August 27, 2004 at 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home