Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Big Tuesday

Well, not really. I had my usual morning and afternoon class at FAU. We got to watch the Jon Stewart Crossfire clip. Big news was made last week when Stewart went on CNN's "Crossfire" and proceded to rip their program. Among other things, he chided Crossfire as being bad for America. I didn't get to watch it live, but read the transcript Saturday afternoon. IFilm.com had it up and running by Monday morning.

I finally got to see Tim and Loren again tonight. We hadn't seen each other since the catastrophe that was Tim's 23rd Birthday. That July night the police were called and hostilities arose. I'm glad that I got to see them and my neighbor, Larry. Loren needed to use my computer to type up a writing assignment for her PBCC English Composition class. We watched the first seven innings of the Yankees/Sox game.

I thought things would turn disastrous when Loren lost her car keys. Everybody was blaming each other and I couldn't help but think it would turn into another police incident. After about 15 minutes of searching, Larry found them at the bottom of his couch.

For some reason, Larry thought it was a good idea to light off a firework at 11:00 p.m. Not sure why he did that.

Then we had the epic Game 6 between Boston and New York. I will say this now. I understand that New York City is highly liberal and Democratic. But I can't help but feel an immense amount of scorn towards the Yankees and their bastard fans. The scene in the 8th Inning was reminescent of the RNC Convention last August. The Yankees were having a collective meltdown. Alex Rodriguez tried to cheat in an effort to reach first base. When it was clear he was unable to reach safely, he did a little gay motion and knocked the ball out of Arroyo's hand. Initially, the Yankees were awarded a run and Rodriguez was on second. But following an umpire's conference, justice was restored and the run was expunged from the record. This is when the Yankee fans started throwing crap on the field. FOX didn't show explicit details, but riot gear were called in and they had to stay on the field in the 8th Inning.

Order was restored and Boston ended up winning 4-2. There were some anxious moments in the 9th when the Yankees had the winning runner at home plate. Closer Keith Foulke was able to retire Tony Clark for the win.

Game 7 is a sports event that everybody should watch and tape for posterity. If the Red Sox are to pull it out, it could erase over 80 years of Sox futility. They will need hundreds of officers to keep the petulant Yankee fans from rioting all over Yankee Stadium.

-Taylor

2 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

As of this comment posting, the Yankees have come crashing down in one of the greatest comeback series of all time!

I have to admit, I am pleased the Red Sox pulled this off.

October 21, 2004 at 1:57 AM  
Blogger Taylor said...

Yes, the Yankees completely imploded. I'm surprised Steinbrenner didn't fire anybody last night. I think you have to blame the GM, Brian Cashman. He was unable to put together a solid pitching rotation and left-handed relief. Kevin Brown may have been good a few years ago, but now he's washed up.

I believe this was the first time in MLB history that a team came back from a 3-0 deficit.

October 21, 2004 at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home