Wednesday, July 28, 2004

The last few days

I haven’t been as expedient updating for the last few days. For that, I apologize. The better part of my days has been spent watching the Democratic National Convention. There have been many great speeches given. If you want to see any of them, visit c-span.org. I’ll refrain from going into more detail, mainly because it would take pages and pages to write about everything. This Convention shows the depth of talent that the Democratic Party is blessed with, both from the past and in the present. The only long-lasting effect of this campaign will come Thursday night when Sen. Kerry gives his acceptance speech. It is crucial for Kerry to give many Americans a positive first impression of him and his life’s story.

I’ve also tried to take up billiards, once again. After the Convention finished at Midnight last night, Tim and I went to shoot some pool at a place on Northlake Boulevard. Much to my surprise, we were not mugged in the process. The surroundings were much more amiable than those of the adjacent Adult Video Warehouse. Again today, I returned to the more accommodating setting of Kiss Shot Billiards in Jupiter. I’m working on a few aspects of my game. I want to focus primarily on my short game. I need to shore up those easy shots if I can advance to more challenging terrain. Cue ball management is another vital skill that must be perfected. So much more can be done if one can, with some precision, determine where the cue ball will rest after the shot is completed. At the level I play at, distance shooting is very mediocre, at best. Take care of the routine and then worry about more complex endeavors.

I want to write some more news and feature stories when I get the chance. Compiling my last Dolphins entry was time consuming and tiring. I spent about four hours perfecting and editing that piece of work. I decided to take it easy for the next few days in light of that undertaking. I’ll certainly have more to say about the Dolphins as preseason and training camp approach its kickoff

-Taylor

1 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

Yeah the Dem Convention is going well. I look forward to seeing what Kerry has to say. They shouldn't have let Al Sharpton on there though--he's not a credit to Kerry's campaign.

See if Gary or Tim will teach you some moves in pool. If you really want to get good you have to find somebody to kind of mentor you along. Zach was taking me at least once a week before he left for Europe. My apartment over in Riverwind will have 24/7 pool for free so I hope to be able to improve once I move in over there.

July 29, 2004 at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home