Monday, July 19, 2004

Quarterdeck

 
Tonight, we continued celebrating Tim’s birthday by going to the Quarterdeck Restaurant in Jupiter. Around 8:00, Tim, Larry, Leyland, and I went up there to shoot a few games of pool. Actually, they shot the billiards. I pretty much watched them this evening. Gary and my Mom came up a little later in the evening. I will go on the record tonight in giving an endorsement against the Quarterdeck. The service and food was substandard. To begin with, one of the burgers was cooked way too done. The French fries came out cool as the other side of the pillow. There was absolutely no prompt service either. The waiter simply sat the food on the bar and made us deliver it to the table ourselves. After they got home, Gary called the Management and complained. Fortunately they gave him a $40 bar tab for next time he attends. I doubt he’ll eat there, but $40 can buy a decent amount of liquor.
 
To go along with the food and service, there was some extracurricular controversy. If you read last night’s installment, then you’re aware of the altercation/cell-phone assault between Tim and Loren. Well, somehow she found out that we were frequenting the Quarterdeck tonight. She began calling Larry’s cell phone and moments later she was outside of the restaurant. AFAIK, there was not as much hostility tonight. Eventually, Tim and Loren went to the gazebo out back and conversed. He was none too happy. He wanted to enjoy his birthday with relative calm. Someone needs to ensure that no further disruptions take place at our house. The officer last night was concerned that they had to come over to our house five times because of her in the last few months. If this keeps on transpiring, someone will spend the night in the pokey.
 Well, that’s the story there. We still had a decent time. Larry and Leyland are both really nice guys. Tim is as well. The Quarterdeck, or as I like to call it “Quarterdick” might be exiting our rotation of restaurants very shortly.

2 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

Quarterdick does suck! I ate there once and I wasn't impressed. I don't understand why all you Jupiter people choose that place over all the other options out there.

It has a nice atmosphere but that's about it. If a place fucks up a burger, you know it's got problems.

July 20, 2004 at 12:30 AM  
Blogger Taylor said...

It wasn't my choice. They just called me and said we were meeting at Quarterdeck. I wasn't paying, so I didn't care too much.

I like the rocking chairs. They are relaxing. But the food is very mediocre.

July 20, 2004 at 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home