Friday, August 27, 2004

Beware of tsias the voyeur

I have a confession to make. Sometimes I get great enjoyment out of reading live journals and AIM profiles of individuals I hardly know or don’t know at all. Hi kake 26, you rightwing nutjob!

It started innocently enough. When I posted regularly at DU, I would automatically add any AIM addresses of DU’ers to my buddy list. As a moderator, I wanted to have a way to contact various individuals. Well, when I got bored, I would click on their profiles and seek out interesting away messages or personal profiles. I actually have spoken with a few of them, but mainly I would click and hope to see at least one interesting nugget.

This is where it gets worse. I would click on the “views” of people’s buddy profiles and look at their profiles. Now I’m looking at profiles of friends of people who aren’t even my friend.

Live Journal is even more fun. I can do a search and find Live Journals of individuals anywhere around the globe.

I can claim tangential connections to some people, which makes it less creepy. Am I the only one who engages in this twisted habit?

-Taylor

1 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

It depends. I look at pages that belong to friends of friends. But never anything more distant than that. I don't think it's unusual to do so though. If you post something on Blogger or LJ you should accept the fact that this media is public unless you make it otherwise.

I don't mind people I don't know reading my live journal. It's of little consequence.

August 30, 2004 at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home