Thursday, September 16, 2004

Think you've hit rock bottom?


Match.com Posted by Hello

Well, think again. The other day, I had the misfortune of stumbling upon the Internet site match.com. I wasn't there to "hook up" or anything like that. I saw on CNN where they said these sites were really taking off. So I decided to open up my browser and click on this site.

It was a disturbing experience to say the least. I don't think I could ever lower myself to the level of Internet dating sites. There is less shame in sitting at home jerking off than succumbing to this madness. Some argue that match.com isn't made up totally of deviants and misfits. In fact, I have heard that people who met on match.com have sustained a healthy relationship.

I'm sorry, but the whole experience is sort of creepy. I can't trust that the more attractive girls aren't in fact 40 year-old child molestors, or Republican National Committee chairmen. I see some girls are so picky. I don't see how if your trials have led you to match.com that you can pick and choose. It's pretty much one step above being set up by invalid friends.

One quote summed up the whole experience. One girl had listed in her profile, "This is what it's come down to. I'm on match.com". I hope to never reach that level of desperation.

2 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

Aww, don't be so hard on it. It's an attractive alternative for lots of people who don't like the kinds of folks they meet in bars!

September 16, 2004 at 11:04 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

I guess it could be even worse:

http://conservativematch.com/

September 17, 2004 at 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home