Thursday, September 16, 2004

WWYF #4- Drew Barrymore vs. Alicia Sillverstone

This could be one of the more difficult contests in the brief history of my "Who Would You Fuck?" series. When it comes to cinemactic acclaim, I think the contrast is pretty clear. Drew Barrymore, 29, has a history way back to the 1980's. "E.T." was made when she was a child star. She has gone on to star in hit films like "50 First Dates", "The Wedding Singer", "Happily Every After", "Charley's Angels", "Home Fries", and many other feature films. She is currently filming "A Confederacy of Dunces" and "Fever Pitch", both to be released in 2005. She does have some down sides. Her decision to marry Tom Green drops her a few points in my book. In addition, I read this really weird quote attributed to her, on her own fansite. She says, "Oh, I love hugging. I wish I was an octopus, so I could hug 10 people at a time!".

Alicia Silverstone, 27, has had a more modest film career. The only role I remember her from was playing spoiled rich girl "Cher" in the 1995 film "Clueless". For some reason, we watched it over and over in my Spanish II-IV classes. She's been in other films, like "Batman & Robin" and "Blast From the Past". Most recently, she provided a voice for Disney's "Scooby Doo 2".

The decision was a tough one to make. First, I had a hard time finding really good pics of Drew. I did find an abundance of great Alicia pics. My selected photo of Silverstone is hands down better than Drew's, IMO. However, I have a soft spot for Drew. She was adorable wearing that pink shirt in this year's "50 First Dates". Her character in that movie, along with "Wedding Singer", was so sweet. I'm not as familiar with Alicia's roles. My final conclusion is this. Searching through google, I found a lot of bad pics of Drew. Some of the Maxim shoots she did were not very flattering, IMO. I disregarded those pics, many of which were taken years ago. I can't get the Lucy Whitmore and Julia Sullivan characters out of my mind. For that reason, I have cast my vote in favor of the very talented and beautiful Drew Barrymore.


2 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

Silverstone is better imho. Don't know too much about her personality though. You know what? Silverstone's body and Barrymore's personality would be great.

Don't be so sure about Drew though. She DID date the loser Tom Green for a while.

September 16, 2004 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

I know someone who'd be very disappointed in your assessment.

September 16, 2004 at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home