Monday, November 08, 2004

I touched greatness today

When class was over today, I decided to take a ride down to Northlake Boulevard. There’s a store called “ABC Liquors” located just east of Military Trail and Northlake. I don’t think there’s any law prohibiting minors to enter a liquor store. This was a liquor store unlike any other. I chose it because of its sheer enormity. Some liquor stores, like those at Walgreen’s, are tiny and only have one employee. This one was the size of an Eckerd’s.

I was there to scout liquor. On Friday, I was made aware of the possibility of there being an even greater bottle of “Senor” Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey. I just had to see it to believe it. So I went searching for the exulted 1.7 L bottle of JD. It took me about five minutes to find it. I was hesitant to ask store employees where it was located. Finally, just west of the Scotch whiskeys were the JD. The first thing I saw was the standard .7 liter bottle, priced at the standard $19 and change. I kept on looking and saw what I came to see. There he was. For just under $35, I could buy 1.7 liters full of 86 proof Senor Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I actually grabbed out and took Senor Jack into my hands. I held him up and began reading the label. It was the much talked about, rarely seen bottle of 86 proof JD. I sat it back down and walked away for a few moments. But I had to return and give him one last look. I once again grabbed the bottle and held him for a precious few seconds. Worried that the attendant would get perturbed, I sat him down for good and left out to my car.

I needed to be 100 % sure of the pricing and content of the bottle of Senor Jack. I went to that store specifically because it’s near Tim’s house. I plan to ask Tim to purchase my next bottle of JD, sometime between now and Thanksgiving holiday. I know he’ll be reliable to get it for me. I saw that they were selling a six-bottle discount for a slightly lower price. I’m considering buying all my JD for the year at once. It’s better than worrying about getting some when I’m already out. I have to go back and get the exact pricing on the six-bottle deal. I know it would make me seem like an alcoholic, but it would be enough to last for literally months. I would have, in my possession, 10.2 L of Senor Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey. Of course, I would divvy some of it out to my close friends whom happen to also enjoy JD.

I don’t think I can ever go back to that small bottle. The mathematics doesn’t make sense. A .7 L bottle goes for approximately $20. The 1.7 bottle costs $35. You’re basically saving more than $5 by buying the larger bottle. And there’s a certain sense of power that comes with possessing the grand bottle of JD. I want to get it as early as possible, so that I can place him on my mantle for all to see. He deserves a spot to the right of my O.C. DVD set and to the left of my Dave Wannstedt bobble head doll. I don’t care who sees it. I’m proud of Senor Jack Daniels and I want the whole world to know. Before I close my eyes to go to sleep at night, the last thing I will see is that bottle of Senor Jack.

I want to close the deal as soon as possible. Seriously, I just think it’s good to always have JD ready for any occasion. I despise having to scramble at the last minute to find someone who will buy for you. I recommend always having half a bottle ready at all times. I’m not an alcoholic or anything like that. At times, I can be overly sarcastic when it comes to JD. Jack has become a larger than life figure. Most of what I say about him is merely joking. But I cannot deny that I love the time we spend together and hope to make our meetings a monthly or bi-monthly event.
-Taylor

1 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

Hopefully Jack will continue to touch your life as he has mine. God bless.
-Eric

November 9, 2004 at 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home