Friday, September 17, 2004

Everybody Loves Raymond Season Premiere

September 20 marks the beginning of the 9th and likely final season for CBS's "Everybody Loves Raymond". Ray Romano and the Executive Producers say this will be the last season. However, I heard Peter Boyle say recently that it might not be the last. (Source: TV Tome)

Reports indicate that Season 9 will be only 16 episodes, and the finale a mere 30 minutes in length.

I write today because of the big twist expected for an episode entitled "The Home". CBS has kept the contents of the episodes under wraps. Typically, you can find spoilers on a number of Internet sites. But not for this episode of ERL. The TV Guide preview states only that one of the Barone's will drop a big bombshell on the family. My guesses on what it could be. The title makes me think that Frank and Marie might be moving out of the neighborhood and into a retirement home. I could be off on this guess. The preview states that "one of" the Barones would reveal a bombshell. If the elder Barones were moving out, I'd say that both of them would reveal the secret. So I'm not confident in my previous assertion.

Others think that Debra might be pregnant again. I truly hope that is not the case. ERL would have JTS with this move, if they haven't already.

The way I'd love to see the series end. Robert's always felt inferior to his brother, Raymond. Wouldn't it be funny if, in a final act of revenge, it's revealed that Robert's been having a long-time affair with Debra? Robert could finally end this petty feud between him and Ray. I'm not sure if the writers would go in that direction.

I can't wait for Monday's episode. CBS has done a great job of not even releasing clips of this episode. This makes me think that CBS has a very good episode in store and they don't want to spoil anything.

1 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

I'm also looking forward to it but I'm not certain if it'll be a good episode. Surprise episodes are usually in "Jump the Shark" range.

I'm glad this season is the last. The show has lost something the last couple of years.

September 18, 2004 at 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home