Thursday, October 21, 2004

The Red Sox win the pennant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now, I can't find the words to describe what's happened the last four night. I have to say, this surpasses the 1992 NLCS Game 7 as my most memorable baseball moment.

And I'm 1-0 in my LCS picks. Lets hope St. Louis comes through tomorrow. Although, Houston vs. Boston would be an interesting W.S. It would be good (Kerry, Red Sox) vs. evil (Bush, Astros).

I can't imagine how the long-time Sox fans must be feeling right now. I decided at the beginning of this year to pull for the Red Sox in the AL East. It can't compare to those fans who have suffered since Bill Buckner's misque nearly 20 years ago. After losing A-Rod to the Yankees, I never thought they would win the AL Pennant. Congrats to all the New Englanders out there.

I wonder how long Joe Torre has left. He hasn't won a world series in four years. I'm not sure you can blame him for this. It's not his fault that Mariano Rivera blew two saves. Overall, he did a decent job of managing. Were he to be fired, I'd recommend that any team pick him up. This off-season, the Yankees should improve their pitching. Kevin Brown was an utter failure in the ALCS. He couldn't make it past the 2nd tonight. Javier Vazquez has been a bust. Outside of Mussina, this team has few solid starters. I expect they'll make a big push for Astros CF Carlos Beltran.

The Sox can't get complacent. The "Curse" has not been broken yet. It will take a World Series win to take care of that. They match up well with either National League club. It will be interesting to see how much they can get out of Schilling. Francona has to be happy with Lowe's performance in Game 7. Despite pitching one inning tonight, Martinez is the likely Game 1 starter. If Schilling's healthy, he could take Game 2. Then they have to choose two out of the combo of Lowe, Wakefield, and Arroyo.

P.S. David Ortiz has won the ALCS MVP award.


1 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

It was an amazing series. Evan and I watched game 7 together last night. Our next door neighbors were Yankees fans and we considered banging on the wall to give them a hard time after the Yanks lost but we thought better of it.

Frankly, I'm relieved that a team other than the Yankees will be representing the AL in the World Series this year. The Yankees are a VERY hard team to beat in the postseason even though they really weren't that great this season.

The most amazing part of the series was how Boston managed to win two straight at Yankee Stadium.

October 21, 2004 at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home