Thursday, November 11, 2004

Jack is in the Hizzouse!

It's official. For the first time in over a month, the Jack Daniel's has entered my residence. First off, I'm a little pissed. I sent Tim to the liquor store to get me a 1.7 L bottle. He told me that the .7 L bottle was selling for $33. I'm not disbelieving him, but it's not the price I've noticed at other local stores. Nevertheless, I feel I was screwed out of $12. And I only have the small bottle. Hopefully it's enough to last through tomorrow night. I'm going to suggest that everybody but myself and Eric bring their own liquor.

I'm ashamed to say that I dabbled briefly, by myself, into the bottle tonight. I had one shot, just to test it out. It's not worth drinking anymore unless it's for the purpose of intoxication. Jack currently sits, overlooking my room. I won't waste anymore tonight. Although I think I might begin drinking Jack mixed with Coke. The taste literally makes me want to throw up. I'm not sure if I should subject myself to the discomfort, considering a little soft drink can alleviate it. I'll probably end up trying both ways.

I'm so upset that the 1.7 L bottle isn't here. The .7 L is okay, but it doesn't last that long. I might have to get some more before Thanksgiving.

I need to live with the situation how it is. For the longest time, I have survived with the small bottle. I can't let a little disappointment ruin the Jack experience. Next time, I'll send Tim to the place where the 1.7 L is sold for $35. I'm sure this bottle can handle at least 20 shots, more than enough to bring about the desired effect.

God bless Jack Daniel's. Just being able to see him in my room is enough to make tonight a happy evening. He will be put to rest for tonight and should return around 10:00 tomorrow night, if not sooner.

Cheers!

-Taylor

2 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

You got ripped off! I'm not saying Tim did the ripping. But someone, somewhere...DID!

November 15, 2004 at 12:14 AM  
Blogger Taylor said...

I actually researched it.

Apparently that was a 1 L bottle instead of the .7 L. Still, $30 for a liter bottle isn't a bargain.

From now on, we shop at ABC Liquors on Northlake.

November 15, 2004 at 2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home