Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Monday/Tuesday Happenings

Monday night, we had another poker night at the Sias residence. An upset occured this time as Matt won the first place prize, defeating Zach with K8 over A9. It was about time Zach finally lost a game. Unfortunately, I finished last. I made a few mistakes and didn't time my all-ins properly. By the time I finally was able to exercise my all-in powers, I was left with only 19 chips.

During the middle of the game, Zach got a call from his 17 year-old (I think she turns legal age in a matter of days, if not already) sister Jessie, asking if he'd be home. Zach said that he'd be home late, but before he hung up noticed the sound of a party in the background. When he asked if there was a party going on, she simply hung up the telephone. After the game ended, we all went over to Zach's residence in the Palm Beach Country Estates to check out the situation. It appeared that a small gathering was taking place. We decided to let it slide and go on our merry way.

We ended up going out for a late snack at the Denny's Restaurant. Per the norm, it was substandard. Each of us put in for a sampler platter which included approximately three mozzarella sticks, two chicken tenders, and some onion rings. It was one of the worst $2 investments that I've ever made. Since the waitress did a poor job, we decided to leave her a tip of only 70 cents.

Finally, around 4:00 am we all got back to my house. Eric and Matt went home, while Zach and I went back to check out the festivities at his house. When we walked in the door, there was this pungent odor permeating the house. I'm surprised his bird survived the foul odor that had taken over the room. I still have no clue what it was. There were these two questionable gentlemen sitting on Zach's couch. From Zach's bedroom, I heard the giggles of two evidently drunk teenage girls in the bathroom. I'd like to think they were having a pillowfight, or perhaps engaging in some sort of erotic sexual acts. Anyway, Zach knew he wouldn't be able to get any sleep there, so he went back to my house. I'm sure that at least one of the guys ended up getting laid that evening, probably on Richard Spencer's bed. Dick would be very displeased if he knew his bed was being used for that type of act. Richard, nor I, will ever know what really transpired after we left that night.

We played poker until around 5:00 a.m. Zach took a nap, planning to get up to play a silver match at 6:00. Sprinked in were a few episodes of 24: Season 2. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get him up in time for the game. I had to fend for myself, eventually finishing 6th out of 10 competitors. I finally decided to sleep on the couch, letting Zach take my waterbed.

I didn't get up until about 3:00 Tuesday afternoon. Zach was nice and decided to let me sleep and didn't wake me for a ride. After I finally awoke, we watched more 24. I think we must have seen four or five episodes in the last day. After that, we went to the Ale House and ate some dinner. I had the mushroom cheeseburger, while Zach had the chicken tenders.

We capped off the evening by watching the movie "Rounders", starring Matt Damon. Without spoiling much, the movie was about a guy who played Texas Hold 'Em poker. I'd say it was a good movie, even if you don't like poker. I'd give it 7 stars out of 10.

Had some success at Jim Feist Poker. I won another gold bar, meaning I can compete in a Stage 4 tournament tomorrow afternoon. We're hoping to get a black pearl so we can go for the $1000 prize.

I saw something I'd never seen before in all my months of poker. I was playing a Stage 1 game while waiting for my 4:00 am Stage 3 event. The five community cards were 10,J,Q,K,A of hearts. Of course, that is known as a Royal Flush. The royal flush is the absolute best hand that can be made in Texas Hold 'Em. Since it was all in the community cards, the players split the pot. I wish I would have stayed in so I could say that I competed in a royal flush hand. I doubt I'll see more than one or two of them in my poker playing career.

That's a recap of my last few days. It's been fun hanging out with friends, playing poker, eating, and threatening to break up parties.

-Taylor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home