Sunday, December 12, 2004

Saturday Night Recap

Another night of world class boxing has come and gone. Last night's World Heavyweight Title fight between Vitali Klitschko and Danny Williams did not exhibit signs of a competitive fight. It wasn't 1/10 of the fight we witnessed two weeks ago between Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales. Klitschko, the champion, had Williams hurt from the first round. We were amazed that Williams survived seven more rounds. Finally, a merciful referee stopped the fight after a knockdown in the 8th Round.

For the rest of the night, Zach and I dabbled in online poker. It was a very unsuccessful night for both of us. My opponents kept on getting very lucky on the river. I was all set to win a gold bar when I lost on an all-in. I think I played it fairly well, yet luck got the best of me.

Zach stayed up watching this Bruce Lee movie called "Enter the Dragon", while at the same time playing hands of online poker. Wanting to add to the overall experience, I drank two and a half shots of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey. I did not break the seal of the new bottle, though. I didn't want to get drunk. I just think every good night deserves to have some Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey inluded in it.

By 5:00, everyone was real tired and headed for bed. Zach, although he hadn't been drinking. didn't want to drive home. So I let him sleep on my waterbed and I took the couch. Frankly, as of late I've been sleeping on the spare couch more often than my bed. Zach was still asleep when I awoke at 11:00, but gone when I awoke for the second time at 1:00.

There might be one more boxing night in store for the 2004 year. Next week there's a free HBO fight between two men who have beaten Roy Jones, Jr. this year, Antonio Tarver and Glen Johnson. I'll write up my recap of my fight picks for this week at a later time.

Last night kicked off what hopefully will be an entertaining winter break.

-Taylor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home