Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Political Trivia #1

Last Tuesday, Sen. John Kerry chose a fellow John, Edwards of North Carolina, to be his Vice Presidential running mate. One might wonder if two candidates with the same first name have ever run on the same Presidential ticket. Well, after a little research, I found out that it has happened twice in our history. Once, the ticket was successful and won the Presidency. The other time, the two men were defeated. Even if you're no Ken Jennings, take the time to think about this and comment if you so desire. I will post the answer tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

This was a tough one. I didn't know it. I knew it wasn't any of the recent administrations.

I got one of the answers though after looking it up. The Thomas Woodrow Wilson/Thomas Marshall was tough! I had no idea his first name was even Thomas in the first place.

Good trivia question. Hopefully maybe somebody else can find the answer the second half of the question.

July 14, 2004 at 11:57 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

I'll admit that I missed the Wilson one. My source, NPR online, must have been a bit off.

There are two other ones that I have. I'll reveal them tomorrow.

I have to look into the one you talked about. Not doubting you. Am curious though.

July 15, 2004 at 12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home