Monday, September 27, 2004

Drinking

Sorry about not getting Part II up yet. Still working on it.

This evening, I decided to try drinking once again. I dabbled in Jose Cuervo Tequilla and Absolute Citron vodka. I measured out the 1.5 ounces that equals a shot. In the course of about 20 minutes, I drank four shots. I figured that was a good medium number. Enough to stay awake for the game, not enough to fall asleep drunk. I might try some more later this evening if the effects begin to wear off.

I have to thank my buddy Eric for introducing me to the wonders of alcohol. Sorry to Jack Daniels that I couldn't partake in her wonder tonight. I have not strayed. JD is very close to my heart and I eaglerly await more encounters with her.

I can't believe, for so long, I feared alcohol. What a heel I was. There's nothing wrong with enjoying a drink or two (or five) on a weekend, or while watching Monday Night Football. All those CONservatives who decry alcoholic beverages are wrong, dead wrong I tell you.

Look at me. I'm still able to write coherently. I'm not stumbling around the house. I'm in total control of my facilities. All it does is slightly lower your inhibitions. I'm not going to go vote Republican, or anything stupid like that, while in an altered state.

Bless you, great JD, JC, and AC. I'm getting better at drinking you without immediately having a gag reflex. Before you know it, I'll be enjoying you like I do a Pepsi Cola or Sunkist Orange. The momentary pain is far surpassed by the enchanting effects of intoxication. 10 minutes of discomfort for hours of ecstacy.

Updates coming later this evening. Blogging while Intoxicated. Don't try this at home.

-Taylor

2 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

You're welcome. I felt really bad for a long time for trying to make you drink against your will. But I'm glad that you're not mad. I just didn't want you to avoid drinking because you were afraid of it.

Now you have the option of drinking as much as you'd like. You are in total control of how much you drink and how "stupid" you want to get while under the influence.

I'm glad you enjoy drinking. A few shots in social situations is perfectly normal--it doesn't mean you are an alcoholic. I'm glad you realize that I was only trying to be a good friend by introducing you to alcohol and helping you get over your fears. As of now we've been pretty good buddies for over seven years and I wouldn't get you into something that would be bad for you.

Have fun!

September 28, 2004 at 1:54 AM  
Blogger Taylor said...

I think I need to drink more to experience any real alterations in my personality.

Last night, I measured 6 ounces of alcohol. That comes to 4 shots. I went online and found that for my height and weight, that only placed me around .08 or .10 in BAC. I think I need to get to .15 to start acting real stupid. The biggest problem is my size. It takes a lot of alcohol to significantly elevate the BAC.

I think I had one beer earlier in the night, so a little over 5 shots total. I don't think I could drink a lot of beer. At least with the JD, it's a couple shots and you're done. One 12-oz beer is only 1 shot. The taste is just as bad as hard liquor, IMO.

September 28, 2004 at 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home