Friday, November 12, 2004

Another night at the Jupiter Moose

You can tell I'm bored when I spend part of my evening at the Moose Lodge. Gary was working tonight and I decided to go up and see him. Tim and Loren joined me, as well. The usual cast of drunks and social misfits were in attendance.

I played exceptionally well at pool this evening. I won my first two games, only to collapse against Tim in the 3rd. I lost because I inadvertantly went for Tim's ball and made it in. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

I got the sense that Tim was stoned tonight. When I went over to Larry's house beforehand, there was the distinct aura of marijuana. I'm 100 % sure that marijuana was being smoked on the premises.

I stayed up there for about an hour and a half. Tomorrow night, I'm going there to play Texas Hold 'Em poker. They're playing from 7:30-9:00. I'm hoping to organize a smaller, private game at my house later that night. There's a $500 pot to be won. The winner at the table gets 75 %, and second place gets 25 %. That's providing nobody goes out before the alloted 90 minutes ends. I think it's worth a shot. The buy-in is $20.

The Jupiter Moose is unlike any other place in town. While the characters are shady, it isn't entirely a bad place. They have pool tables and television sets. I hope to take advantage of these old men tomorrow night and go home with their money. Should be interesting.

-Taylor

2 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

$20 buy-ins scare me. If that many people are playing, the odds that you will win are scarce. I just couldn't play conservatively enough to get my money's worth there either.

Glad to hear the Jupiter Moose is still around. I mock those people but I see myself pulling up and seat and joining them in purgatory one day. :(

November 15, 2004 at 12:13 AM  
Blogger Taylor said...

Here's my grievance.

First off, I never ended up playing there.

I don't mind spending $25, but it's only 1 hour, 45 minutes. I wouldn't mind spending that money with friends. I don't want my money going to some old man who will spend it all on booze.

November 15, 2004 at 2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home