Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Thanksgiving break is here

Class officially adjourned for the Thanksgiving break about 30 minutes ago. I had one English Lit class today at the CC.

I do have some stuff to worry about over the break. There's a 10-page term paper due in my Comm Theory class on Tuesday. In addition, I have a final reporting project for journalism due the following Tuesday. I have to begin, at the very least, contacting my sources.

I have this stupid English Lit test on Wednesday. He gives you a line from a poem and you have to name the poem and explain what it's about. Considering I haven't read the majority of the poems, it might be challenging. I figure there's about eight poems. I'll try to learn and comprehend a poem per night.

I'm off to do some chores now. I have to take some junk to Goodwill for my Mom. That store cracks me up. They take everybody's junk and are able to sell it for a decent amount of money. I would not lower myself to shop there myself, but it's better than taking it to a dumpster.

Hopefully I can find a place to have lunch. I'm pretty hungry after not eating breakfast. I might just go to Taco Bell. I like that restaurant because it's cheaper than most. You can get a good meal for under $4. At Burger King and McDonald's, it can run $5, $6.

I hope to have a fun weekend in spite of some academic commitments. I always enjoy Thanksgiving with the family. Unlike a lot of people, I get along very well with my family. I think my Aunt, Uncle, and one of my cousins is coming in from out of town. We're going to some restaurant I've never heard of. Usually are family dinners are at the Sailfish Marina, but this time we chose a place down in Boynton.

I'm just glad that we're coming down to the end of this semester. I expect to earn a GPA around 3.5 for this term.

-Taylor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home