Wednesday, November 24, 2004

El Fuhrer


Billboard along I-4, Downtown Orlando Posted by Hello

I came across this at DU. I have to admit, this is one of the creepiest billboards I've ever seen. At first, people thought it was a photoshop. But evidence has come forward confirming this authentic billboard.

One billboard is approaching downtown Orlando from the North on Interstate-4. The first one appears just after the Lee road interchange on the East side of the freeway. The second one is on the West side just south of the Fairbanks interchange but it faces southbound traffic from across the freeway.

This is of particular interest because I travel to Orlando frequently. Frankly, I want to drive by there next time and see for myself. I don't want to be overdramatic, but this reminds me of something Stalin would do. Billboards proclaiming the glory of "Our Leader". I understand he got 51 % of the vote. I'm waiting for George W. Bush statues to start being erected all throughout the red areas.

I have more shots (from davhill of DU) of the same billboard that I may post later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home