Sunday, August 22, 2004

Dolphins v. Redskins (and more)

Tonight was a bad evening for the Miami Dolphins. In short, they lost 17-0 to the Washington Redskins. I don't think I need to explain how horrendous the effort was. 2 good things did come out of the game, though. First, nobody else got hurt. Secondly, Miami traded for veteran Chicago Bears WR Marty Booker. The addition of Booker will be a good thing, provided the QB play is competent.

I went to the game with my cousin, Shaun. We had a running joke about football being a great American event. There's hot dogs, burgers, and "big titties". Whenever a well-endowed woman would stroll by, my cousin began hymning a patriotic anthem. The 80 year-old gentleman behind us kept talking about "titties" and various other sexual items. I was waiting for him to cry out, "Woof! That's what's for lunch".

On Monday, I technically start school. I have an English Lit course at PBCC on M/W. I'm not going to attend the first class, Monday morning. There's a rally with former Presidential candiate Howard Dean, Senate candidate Betty Castor, and decade-long tax and child support evader Arthur Anderson. I've voted for each of these individuals over the past 5 months. The teacher, a Democrat, should understand and excuse my absence. It's not every day that I have the chance to meet such esteemed politicians.

Finally, part of Gary's family is back in town. Gary himself is still residing elsewhere. I was hoping that he'd at least call his sister over the weekend. As of 3:00 am Sunday, he has failed to take that initiative. I believe that he'll eventually realize his shortcomings and work to correct them. I refuse to use my blog to engage in any negative attacks about close friends or family members. At heart, Gary is a good person who is constantly struggling to stay on the right path in life.

More to come shortly...

-Taylor

1 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

Yeah the Dolphins are in bad shape but the loss to the Redskins doesn't matter.

Gary seems like a cool guy. It is very odd though that he vanishes over to "Ed's" place whenever something happens.

August 25, 2004 at 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home