Thursday, September 30, 2004

Presidential Debate Drinking Game

Tonight was one of those nights I wish I could partake in some of the Jack Daniels, Tennessee Whiskey. Alas, circumstances will prevent me from engaging with my favorite alcoholic beverage. Nevertheless, it might be fun for those capable of drinking to add a little enjoyment to the debate experience.

Take 1 shot every time Bush mentions "September the Eleventh", "9/11", or some variation of that fateful day.

Take 1 shot every time Bush talks about "how the world has changed" since the terrorist attack.

Take 1 shot every time Bush uses the word "madman" to describe Saddam Hussein.

Take 1 shot every time Bush alleges that Kerry is a flip-flopper, or changes his position. Use your own discretion. Bush might not use the exact word "flip-flopper" (but if he does explicitly, add another shot), you can understand his intent.

Take 1 shot every time Bush says the economy is growing or expanding.

Take 1 shot every time Bush mentions Al-Qaeda.

Take 10 shots every time Bush mentions Osama Bin Laden. I place the number high, since I highly doubt he wants to bring attention to the fact that OBL is still at-large.

Take 2 shots every time Bush pronounces the word "nuclear" as "nucular".

Take 2 shots every time Bush uses the word "liberate" or "liberation".

Take 2 shots every time Bush uses the phrase "Iraqi people".

Take 3 shots every time Bush mentions "God".


I could go on and on. Bush is so predictable. We won't see anything new in tonight's debate. I'm wondering how many times Kerry will mention Vietnam. I think he might do less of that than he would have three months ago. Kerry will try to put emphasis on America's future, not our past.

Maybe I can tape this debate and engage in the activity myself at a later date. I'll be back home with a full report, most likely around 12:30 ET. I'll also be on AIM (if I can get it working) to talk, if anyone is interested.

Go Sen. Kerry!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

Very nice work Taylor. I have some JD here but I'm saving it for a special occasion in the near future. Hopefully you'll be coming to Orlando to party soon.

How much are you drinking these days? Hopefully not on weekdays.

September 30, 2004 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

Not much at all. I've only really drank once since our encounter in Orlando. I might exaggerate for comic effect on the blog from time to time.

My game might be unsafe. I haven't counted yet, but I'll bet you'd have had to drink 15 shots in 90 minutes.

October 1, 2004 at 1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home