Saturday, September 11, 2004

Opening Day

You can tell it's a special day for me when I'm up before the 7:00 bells ring. Of course, today marks opening day for my beloved Miami Dolphins. In about 5 hours and 15 minutes, they will open their 2004 season down at Pro Player Stadium versus the Tennessee Titans.

While the team's prospects look dubious, there's still palpable excitement on any opening day. I've spent a month following training camp and preseason. I've seen the roster trimmed down to its current status of 53 players. Now it's time to see what kind of effort the Dolphins can muster up this afternoon.

The best case scenario is that Jay Fiedler, motivated by an impending job loss, plays like he's never played before. The defense must come up big in spite of missing two key DL. Mare has to return to his 2002 form.

Full report to follow later this evening.

2 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

As I post this, there's about four minutes left in the game and the Dolphins are down 0-17. The Dolphins really blew this game sadly. With a score like that, the most the Dolphins can realistically hope to do is break up the shutout.

I don't know Taylor. I never would've thought opening day would be this bad. :(

September 11, 2004 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

Miami did get a TD after we left.

The final ended up being 17-7.

September 11, 2004 at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home