Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Squiggy has disappeared (presumed dead)

My pet iguana of 2 1/2 years has gone missing and is very likely dead or incapacitated. On Monday, he escaped from the cage and ran into the greenery. We think he might be in a huge pile of grass and assorted other green stuff. Gary and my Mom spent almost an hour looking for him, to no avail. We're going to be there when the garbage man comes tomorrow, hoping that he emerges from the pile.

I'm not really that sad about the whole thing. I couldn't ever get a genuine emotional attachment with that reptile. A lot of times he seemed very distant. By the end of our relationship, he'd end up biting me or slapping me with his tail every time I'd touch him.

Generally, I have a hard time bonding with pets other than cats or dogs. I don't see crying over my pet fish passing away one day. I'm more of a rabbit or hampster type of guy. Now those are some cute animals. If I had the ability, I'd post some adorable hampster or rabbit pics.

I doubt I'll get another iguana any time soon. I'll miss you Squiggy... well, not really.

Farewell!

2 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

I'm sorry to hear that. You don't seem so broken up though.

September 9, 2004 at 10:42 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

I think he's officially gone. The trash came and probably took him away.

September 10, 2004 at 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home