Sunday, November 14, 2004

Eventful Saturday night

I'm posting a little later than usual this evening.

Tonight's been hectic. I decided to order the HBO boxing PPV this evening. The bouts were mostly unmemorable. Evander Holyfield, at the age of 42, continued his losing streak. This bum named Larry Donald won an easy unanimous decision over the former champ. In the main event, John Ruiz retained his worthless belt against Andrew Golota. The highlight was when Ruiz's trainer Norman Stone got ejected. I have to review the tape, but Stone was saying to the referee, "You're a fucking asshole!" It was some funny shit.

Then my Mom started to get sick. For some reason, she ate dinner tonight at Quarterdeck. It defies me that after all the bad experiences, people still eat at that hellhole. The spinach dip gave her bad food poisoning. For most of the night, she was vomiting uncontrollably and barely able to move.

Finally, I called 911 at midnight. The paramedics came over to evaluate things. She kept on passing out, even as the paramedics were examining her. I was able to get her to the hospital in my car.

There was some interesting happenings at Jupiter Medical tonight. This one lady went psycho and assaulted two of the nurses. She seemed to be rambling on uncontrollably. At first, I just thought that it was a drunk person causing trouble. I now suspect that she was on drugs. The cops had to come in and calm everyone down.

That's where I stand now. I'll go back to the hospital around 4:00. Hoping she can be released by the morning. They should have given her enough antibiotics and fluids to calm things a bit. She was doing really badly tonight. She was throwing up and passing out at the same time. Eventually, I had no choice but to call the paramedics.

If I don't post much tomorrow, it's because I'm sleeping in late. I doubt I'll be able to sleep until 6:00 a.m., at the earliest.

-Taylor

1 Comments:

Blogger E. Antonio Cioffoletti said...

I'm so sorry about your mom! :(

Check the news for the Quarterdeck information. If other people got sick, you might be able to file for a class action lawsuit.

That's absurd that your mom would get that sick eating there! That place sucks! I ate there once and vowed never to go back and I haven't. Seriously, I'd avoid that place like the plague. It's one thing to get a stomach ache after eating someplace (that happens often sadly) but to get that sick is grounds for that place to get reported to the health inspector!

November 15, 2004 at 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home